Valley Hills Obedience Club will be holding a Obedience & Rally practice match on Friday, December 6th at Woodley Park (Download flyer). On Saturday & Sunday VHOC will be holding their annual Obedience, Rally & Agility Trials. For premium lists & judging schedule click here.
- September 28 – Hidden Valley Obedience Club will be holding a Sho-N-Go at their training grounds in Escondido. For more info HVOC.ORG
- September 29 – Buenaventura Dog Training Club will be holding a Sho-N-Go in Camarillo. Download flyer.
- October 6 – RALLY THROWDOWN to benefit America’s VetDogs. For more info.
- October 7 – Orange Empire Dog Club will be holding a health clinic at their clubhouse in Bloomington. Shots, blood tests, eye & cardiac exams. Download flyer.
- October 12 & 13 – Bakersfield Obedience Training Club All Breed Obedience & Rally Trials. Download premium.
- October 12 & 13 – Doberman Pinscher Club of America will be holding All Breed Obedience & Rally Trials in Pomona. For more info.
- October 19 & 20 – Hidden Valley Obedience Club All Breed Obedience & Rally Trials in Escondido. Download premium.
- October 19 – Pat Hastings seminar “Structure in Action” in Bloomington. For more info.
- October 26 – Shiba Club of Southern California will be holding a Pet First Aid & CPR Basics seminar in Pasadena. For more info.
- October 26 & 27 – Kennel Club of Riverside will be holding their All Breed Show & Saturday Obedience Trial in Perris. Download premium.
- October 27 – Pasanita Obedience Club will be holding an All Breed Obedience & Rally Trial in Pasadena. Download premium.
It seems that many Kennel Clubs are having financial difficulties in either finding show sites, help, etc., and as a consequence are eliminating obedience trials in order to simplify their work loads. Next month, the four-day shows held at Earl Warren Fairgrounds will not be including obedience & rally. Also, Cabrillo Kennel Club will not be holding obedience & rally at their August 31-September 1st shows. San Luis Obispo Kennel Club will not be including obedience & rally at their shows in September. At this time, the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills has not scheduled an obedience & rally trial at their show in December. All these kennel clubs have included obedience and rally trials with their all breed shows in the past, but starting in 2013 they will not.
We as obedience exhibitors need to put forth a unified front and let these clubs know that 1) we have greatly appreciated their support in the past and 2) implore them to reconsider offering obedience in future. Please contact these clubs and let them know that you care! Perhaps we can ‘turn the tide’, so to speak, if we let them know it DOES MATTER: WE CARE.
For contact info:
*****Please remember your dogs during the upcoming 4th of July Celebration. It is important to keep dogs and cats INDOORS during fireworks. Turning up the TV or radio can help block some of the firework noise.*****
July 5, 6 & 7 are the Channel City KC, Santa Maria KC & Ventura Dog Fanciers shows at Ventura Fairgrounds. For judging schedules see Jack Bradshaw‘s website.
July 13 is the Downey Dog Obedience Club’s evening Practice Match at Apollo Park in Downey. Download the flyer here.
August 3 is the WLAOTC annual practice match at Rancho Park. Download flyer here.
August 10 is Southwest Obedience Club’s Obedience & Rally Trial in Gardena. Download premium list.